Monday, April 30, 2012

Revisiting Interview With the Artist


A second edition of THE PROGENY and its sequel, BLOOD BONDS, are set to release soon and I thought it'd be fun to revisit this earlier interview with the woman behind these beautiful covers- Faleasha Myers. Her amazing work is featured in the first two covers of the Progeny series.


 Welcome Faleasha!



Ashlynne: Have you always wanted to be an artist?

Absolutely! I've always loved drawing and bringing characters to life. I remember in school when we were asked what we wanted to be when we grew up, I would always answer that question with "being an artist". I find drawing to be very soothing and I love getting lost in a new picture.


Ashlynne: What was the first thing you ever drew?

This question is really hard to answer because I've been drawing for as long as I can remember. I've drawn so much and for so long that I can't remember my first drawing. I do remember trying to draw the Disney Princesses all the time. 

Ashlynne: What is your favorite piece of work that you’ve drawn?

This is another difficult question to answer because I try to improve with every drawing I work on so what usually happens is whatever I am currently working on ends up being my favorite piece of work.

Ashlynne: What inspires you to draw?

I really enjoy looking at my favorite artist's work on DeviantArt. When I see beautiful work by other artists, I want to dive in and try to make something fun that others will enjoy looking at.  Also, looking at my favorite artists work helps me when I'm feeling discouraged.

Ashlynne: Do you listen to music while you draw?

I do, actually. It really helps to pull me into my work. I have a really weird and random collection of music that I listen to while drawing. I listen to everything from wrestling theme music, Spice Girls, Rob Zombie all the way to soundtracks to movies like RENT, Death Proof and REPO:The Genetic Opera. Yes, I am strange like that. haha

Ashlynne: What is your favorite genre of books?

I love books that deal with magic and the Paranormal. 

Ashlynne: What do you like to do in your spare time?

In my spare time, I enjoy watching horror movies, hanging out with my best friend watching random tv shows and one of my favorite things to do is play with my four dogs!

 
Ashlynne: What projects are you currently working on?

Currently I am working on a piece for Blood Bonds. I also have a list of fan art I want to draw for my Youtube channel and my blog.

 
Ashlynne: Where can we find you on the internet?

I have many sites where you can find me:
Also, I am currently putting together a tumblr account that you can follow at:http://www.faleasha.tumblr.com/

It's been a pleasure talking with you. Hope to have you back again, soon.


Peace and Love,
Ashlynne


No comments:

Post a Comment