Friday, June 8, 2012

Author Spotlight #1- Leanore Elliott's Nowhere, Arizona:The Sunset Warrior

HOT DAMN!!!! WHAT A COVER!

Everyone Into the Lightning Pool! Review for Nowhere, Arizona: The Sunset Warrior


Let me preface this review with the fact that I’ve never physically travelled to Arizona but this book magically transported me there. I felt the heat, smelled the cactus and desperately wanted a dip in that lightning pool!

This was my first exposure to the world that is wicked Leanore Elliott and I am now hooked, salivating and filling my Kindle with as much wicked goodness as it’ll hold. Women everywhere are swooning over the gorgeous Devon and his self-assured alter “the brave.” Umph, umph, umph...the brave and his taming cave of titillating toys of sensual seduction.

Somebody bring the water hose because I’m about to burst into flames!

Nowhere begins with a hard-hearted but driven Madeline who can spar with the best of them but lives in a world devoid of love’s vibrant colors. To satisfy her mother’s dying wish, she goes to Nowhere, Arizona. Here she meets Devon. He’s mysterious, hot and evokes feelings in Maddy that she’s never experienced. The blistering desert heat is only a foreshadowing for the deep desire she discovers. Devon opens her heart to the possibilities of love and her body to the purest form of raw erotic pleasure.

This story was so many things—a western, love story, paranormal—but the thing I took away from it was the fact that true love completely transforms Maddy and opens her world to the wonders outside of her closed existence.

 I think everyone can remember his or her first love and the surge of emotions that come along with it. As Sheryl Crow put it, “The first cut is the deepest.” This is what Leanore captures in Nowhere. We witness Maddy’s journey of self-discovery and sexual awakening but more than the physical, there is an intense thread of love weaved throughout the relationship. Dev doesn’t just capture her body with mind-blowing sex. He also steals her heart (and she’s not the only one). I’m a cool customer when it comes to fictional characters but I have to admit that I fell in love with Devon and the Brave.

So, to my final thoughts about Nowhere, Arizona: The Sunset Warrior, the only problem I had with this book was that I wanted more. More Devon. More Brave. More of that damned lightning pool. I later got my wish when the sequel came (happy, happy, joy, joy). If you’re a lover of westerns, the paranormal or just want a love story with an erotic edge that entangles your senses—Nowhere is for you. I don’t have a rating system but Nowhere gets a 5 Star, 5 flame, keep-some-ice-nearby-so-that-you-don’t-combust rating from me.



Ashlynne

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an AWESOME review. I have this--and many other books of Leanore Elliot's--on my Kindle.
    Although I haven't read this one yet, I have read books of L.E's and they are out-of-this-world-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored and blown away by this. What a lovely tribute. Nowhere, Arizona is going to be a trilogy, lol. I thank you from the very wickedness within me!

    ReplyDelete