Friday, August 3, 2012

Author Spotlight: Love's Prophecy by Brenda Dyer


Vampire Warriors Ahoy! Review of Love’s Prophecy by Brenda Dyer.


Love’s Prophecy Blurb:

Dark warriors of might...

Mel is a vampire warrior sworn to hunt and kill demons in the dark streets of Vancouver. But he's burdened with a new assignment: find the meaning behind the Vampire Prophecy. Having no faith in the gods and their empty words, he believes there's no truth to the ancient legend until he meets Breeana, a human woman who bears the mark of the prophecy and resembles the mysterious woman haunting his dreams. When a vengeful demon spies Breeana in his arms, she is marked for death. He must take her from the world she knows until he can eliminate the threat. But the real danger is the role Breeana must play in fulfilling the prophecy and the intense feelings she brings out in him. Mel is forced to choose between his obligations to his kind, the world, and the woman he loves. Does he have the courage to let the one woman who could heal his wounded heart and soul go, or will he risk her life and bind her to him for all eternity?

Small warriors of light...

Veterinarian, Dr. Breeana Spencer yearns for love and companionship, but the disappointment of failed relationships has left her bitter. She now finds solace in romance novels. But when she meets a mysterious stranger, she's drawn to him by a connection so forceful it shatters all reason, leaving her incapable of resisting him. Yet there's more to him than smoldering good looks and a rock-hard body. As she's drawn deeper into his danger-filled world, she learns she's part of an ancient vampire legend. Breeana fears her future is no longer hers and will not include Mel. As their enemies close in, desperate to destroy them both, she must fight to convince Mel her place is at his side. A life-altering choice is before her—one that will take all her courage and love to make.

My Take on Love’s Prophecy

Let me preface this book review with the fact that I tend to avoid vamp books, simply because it’s my writing genre. Love’s Prophecy made me break my rule (and boy am I glad that I did). Since Twilight, the market has saturated with vampire literature and the undead, garlic- fearing, hates wolves thing has been done to death. In order for a vampire book to be successful, it must offer something new and different. Love’s Prophecy accomplishes this. Brenda Dyer’s vamps are hot lovemaking, blood drinking, demon slaying, food eating immortal gods with a sensitive side.

And really...who says vamps can’t have a heart?

Brenda Dyer owes me a week’s worth of sleep. My husband thought I’d gone insane. I’d lie in bed clutching my Kindle like it was holding electronic crack. Hmmm...Electronic crack would be a good phrase to describe the e-book version of this fabulous book. I’d reason with myself, “Just one more page,” then one page turned into two and three and before I knew it, my clock said 4 am, and I had to haul my addicted ass to work.

The thing that was particularly strong in this story was the characterization. Breeana and Mel are complete people within themselves, and meeting one another only strengthens this. Mel is tortured about his oppressive and awful past, and Breeana accepts him as he is. Her love ultimately frees him of his inner demons. This was the most compelling part about this love story. Brenda Dyer shows us the true healing power of unconditional love.


This book comprised so many elements—vampires, demons, an ancient prophecy, sex and romance. Whip all of those things together and what do you get...a freakin awesome story. Let me just tell you that I’ll never see a pie without thinking about that hot kitchen scene.

Make mine a side of vampire beefcake and pie! Yummmm!

Love’s Prophecy is a 5 Star trip to a dark world where demons walk amongst us, and our very survival depends on kick-ass vampire warriors to keep us safe. You can’t get more original than that!

Buy Love’s Prophecy












22 comments:

  1. What a fabulous review! Now I'm even more excited to read this book...and I was already impatient! Brenda is a huge talent and a wonderful lady. And I love that this is set in Canada! Brenda, you and I have that in common. Most of mine have been set at home too. Congrats on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlynne Laynne, wow...I'm speechless. Thank you for this fantastic review.
    Your site is absolutely beautiful! I love your banner.

    Rosanna, thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing this for months now, but you know how things have come up. I'm just glad I got around to it. Your book was awesome and the only vamp book I've read since the Twilight series two years ago. I can't wait for Prophecy's Child. Thanks for the compliment on the site. I'm finally getting the old place in order. *grins* Enjoy the rest of your day and remember what I told you yesterday, keep writing no matter what!

      Delete
  3. It's a fabulous book and deserves every star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're fabulous! Thanks for stopping in and for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Brenda, I am amazed each time at you humbleness. You have no Idea how talented you are! Love's Prophecy is a *5* star read!! you rock babe..:)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Cynthia. Thank you! I'm so glad you feel this way, lol. How about this, you have faith in me for the both of us.
      My damn pessimistic nature. It's a real buzz kill.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Casea, thanks for coming by. Aren't reviews like this such a pick-me-up?

      Delete
  6. Love the way Ashlynne wrote up her review. Easy to follow the story and her train of thought. Love the colors of this website, too. Congratulations ten-times-over for Love's Prophecy. Even after reading it three times, I still can't get enough. It's a forever keeper on my library shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read and reviewed this book and agree with Ashlynne's review 100%.
    Buy it. Read it. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daryl, you are the best ever. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Couldn't agree more. Love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted here last night and it never showed. Darnet, thought I would be the first comment.These two are very important to me. Well, better than never. I love this author and her Prophecy is doing so well. Wonderful spot here, of course since Ashlynne Laynne Hosted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in and for your kind words.

      Delete
  10. What a fantastic review! I loved Love's Prophecy and can't wait for Prophecy's Child. This is definitely a great addition to my library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much, Melissa.

    I'm excited for you to read Prophecy's Child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashlynne, thank you for the wonderful review. And thank you for sharing it on your beautiful site.

    And thank you to all who shared this wonderful day with me.

    ReplyDelete