Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Filthy Cyber Party for Leanore Elliott's Dirty as Sin


Getting Filthy Never Felt So Good...Review of Dirty as Sin by Leanore Elliott
                                                    

Okay, it’s no secret that I’m a fan of Leanore Elliott’s work. She possesses the extraordinary gift of mixing brutally hot men, even hotter sex and weaving in a love story that leaves you breathless. A woman can’t help but to fall in love with the men that grace her pages. Knowing this about her stories, I expected heat and romance but what I didn’t expect was a back story that seized and completely enthralled me.

We’ve all read them. Erotica books where sex is the main focus and fucking is the sole driver of the plot. Don’t get me wrong, I love sex. Hell, I write about sex, but for my recreational reading I need more than cum shots and fuck plots. I need to feel a connection between the characters. I also need to know that there is more to them than just the physical attraction. Leanore is a master at this. The chemistry between Rex and Ava is electric.

The Nowhere series gave me a sexy immortal named Devon and his alter ego the Brave. Then she wowed me with a scorching hot cowboy named Jess in Lace & Leather. In the second book of Leanore’s Erotique Series, Dirty as Sin, I fell deeper in love with Rex.

World, meet the new stud on Wicked Leanore’s literary block, Rex Harris.

I first met Rex in a short story entitled “Satisfaction Guaranteed” from the first book in her Erotique Series, More Sex. I immediately fell in love with him and hoped that I’d get more Rex.

I’m so happy that I got my wish. Now on to the review:

Dirty as Sin was a clever and well-written look at the life of a “man for hire.” Rex Harris is a sex god with a hot bod who prides himself on knowing just what women desire. He’s made a career of it and commands a hefty sum of 10k for a night’s work. His hard body, dark locks and mesmerizing emerald eyes entrance the women who pay for his company, but Rex isn’t just in it for the money, he honestly enjoys his job and seeks to please his clients. We see many examples of this in the beginning of the book.

Underneath this gorgeous exterior beats an equally exquisite heart that’s wounded and haunted by the memory of the one that got away—Ava. Rex’s character arc is one of the most astounding parts of this book. He’s three-dimensional, tangible and as real as any person you’d meet on the street. He had depth, emotion and I found myself hating who he hated and cheering for a happy ending for him. At one point I screamed, “Oh no she didn’t!” and woke my napping husband. My Kindle battery died and I tossed that “bad boy” on the table and went straight for my laptop to open my Kindle app. I was possessed and no one was coming between me and my Rexxxy.

I was that invested.

We meet a physically strong, confident man who takes what he wants and answers to no one. But by the end he’s stripped to the bone, vulnerable and yearning for the one thing that his profession would never provide—true love.

This book demonstrated the power of blending explosive sex, emotion and a plot that keeps the reader guessing. It was a delicate balance of erotica, romance, suspense and thrills. My only problem with this book was that I needed more Rex! Alas, my only solace was that he gets a HEA, just not in the way you’d expect.

Dirty as Sin is a five star trip into a world where sensual pleasures come at a price but, as always, Leanore Elliott reminds us of the healing power of true love.

My favorite Rex Harris phrases:
“I’m a rented model. I turn into a fucking pumpkin the next day.”
“What? You’re not even going to try it on for size?”
“Your ass, her ass? What’s the difference?”
“We’re demons and we were put on Earth to fuck it over. Women are the angels and they are—our only salvation. Our only way to a real heaven.”

Damn, I love this guy!


Want more Rex? Read the book that started it all....










To celebrate the belated birthday of Wicked Leanore and her new hot stud, Sexy Rexxxy, I'm offering a $5 Amazon gift certificate to one lucky commenter. The question to answer today is: What completely turns you on in a man/woman? Answer and leave your email address.

Find the complete Leanore Elliott collection on Amazon

6 comments:

  1. FABULOUS review--one of the best! And I love Dirty as Sin--I love Leanore Elliot's books, I love Rex...

    Again, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri Fredricks came by and posted a comment. Unfortunately, my little digits erased it when I was attempting to publish it using my iPhone. So Sheri, if this gets back to you, come back and leave another message. I promise to use my laptop this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a copy of Sheri's comment. No more moderating from my iPhone:

      Wonderful book review, Ashlynne! I love the way Leanore Elliott writes and the stories she tells. The way she can weave explosive chemistry between the characters keeps me coming back for more.

      Delete
  3. Yes, indeed, a wonderfully gushing review for Leanore Elliot's brilliant storytelling. I love her books too! A little birdy told me she has two more books coming out soon!

    What turns me on in a man/woman relationship? Mmmm...passion, lust, humor, sex, real love, and an HEA ending.

    Lea Ellen {night owl in IL}
    borg_66@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. What's my turn on.... the intensity of the eyes..... havebookwillsurvive at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to thank Ashlynne for this most wonderful review. (it made me cry) And for the time she took to do such an awesome spot for me and Rexxy!
    This whole entry was colorful and so well written and I was overwhelmed by it for true.
    It was a Satisfaction Guaranteed! LOL

    ReplyDelete