Friday, March 8, 2013

Guest Author Series: An Interview with Jennifer Labelle


I am pleased to welcome my pal Jennifer Labelle to Paranormal Romance and Beyond. Jennifer has the rare talent to influence your emotions with her words, and her love stories are some of the most heart wrenching and insightful that I've ever read. 



Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself.
                            

What made you want to be an author?

I’ve just always loved to read, and I began writing for fun when I was in high school. I kept it up over the years and finally decided to share a bit of my active imagination with all of you after my daughter was born. J

What do you like best about being a writer? What do you like the least?

I love all of the new people I met, authors, publishers, fans etc…
My favorite part is probably the feedback, especially when it’s good but even when it’s not. It’s an honor every time one of my books sell and I’m grateful regardless.

What I like the least? That would be the waiting for the next release to come out.
*grins* I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about.



Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer?

I’m definitely a plotter. I like to have a detailed outline before I start a new story. Although, it always seems to change along the way when the characters come alive. J

What influences your writing? And why?

Experience, fantasy, a good imagination, *shrugs* I’m not sure I have one answer for this question. I usually just go with the flow, and work with the characters that scream at me the loudest.

Name one thing readers don’t know about you.

My mother was murdered when I was thirteen. L 

Are love scenes easy/difficult for you to write?

Easy, they’re my favorite part.

Do you have another career besides writing? What is it?

I’ve had a lot of careers, mostly in finances. I also have a degree in addictions work, but currently I’m a MOM and wife first, and writer second.

What hobbies do you enjoy when not writing?

Definitely reading. J

If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why?

I think being a witch would be pretty cool.

If you had one take away piece of advice for authors, what would it be?

Keep writing. J

Do you have any future project that we can look for?

I’m currently working hard on my next novel, Broken Survivor, so stay tuned. In the meantime, I encourage you to check out my other work at: www.jenniferlabelle.com/books.html

Tell us more about Broken Survivor.

After witnessing her mother’s murder, Holly Hewitt struggles to cope. Parentless by a very young age the only thing she longs for is acceptance and a place to call home. She’s given up hope and is left to fend for herself, until the one person she’s afraid to trust teaches her that life is worth living and love is worth the fight to go on. 

Do you have an excerpt for us?
I don’t have an excerpt at this time for Broken Survivor, but I would be glad to share one from Meant To Be.

“Um, if I forget to say this later, thanks, Sam.”
They finally arrived.
     “You’re thanking me in the airport.” Sam said with a laugh. “That’s very sweet, Jenna, but just wait until we get out there.” She gestured to the beautiful scenery of Dublin visible through the doors, “I’m really hoping that you can have a good time. Start out fresh in new surroundings, have an adventure, live a little, let loose, and have fun. Now that’s the vacation I’m hoping to have.”
     Putting an arm around her, she stopped. “Speaking of beautiful scenery, what have we here?” Sam played innocent as she turned Jenna to see what she was talking about.
Two men stood only a few feet away from them, just staring. There was an instant attraction when her eyes met with one that scared the hell out of her, and she panicked.  “Sam, I don’t think I’m ready for this,” she whispered, wide-eyed. Now that she was there she was getting cold feet.
     “Relax, Jenna. It’s okay if you’re not ready today, but honestly, hun, how long has it been?” Sam asked.
Jenna was clueless. “How long has what been?”
“My guess, in fact I know, it’s been over a year now.”
She looked Jenna straight in the eye and nodded because it was true.
“But I’m just not sure that I’m ready to take the leap, Sam.” Sighing in defeat, Jenna felt bad for Sam. She was obviously interested in hooking her up. The problem was sex and men were two subjects she wanted, but she just wasn’t sure of anymore, hoping to get there someday.
“They’re really great guys, Jenna you’ll see. They’re also our ride to the hotel. Just let me introduce you, and see how it goes.” Sam flagged Brady and another guy over.
Jenna recognized him right away as he neared. Sam had shown her several pictures from her last trip, and it was hard to forget someone you had fantasies about. He was gorgeous.
Given no other choice Jenna sighed and tried not to fidget nervously.
“Hi,” Sam laughed giving both men a hug. “I missed you guys. It’s so great to be back again.” Sam lingered, putting her arm around the lighter haired one, and then turned to face Jenna again.
“Jenna this here is my cousin Brady Connelly, and his delicious friend Caleb O’Donnell. Caleb, Brady, this is my lovely best friend, Jenna.”
“Hi,” Jenna waved, and turned red with being put on the spot. Two gorgeous men were looking at her, and she’d been out of the game so long that she wasn’t sure what to do next. Caleb waved and engaged in a conversation with Sam, while Brady stared.
She was hypnotized.         
He extended his hand, “Lovely, Jenna, it’s a pleasure to meet ye.”
Jenna gulped nervously, and tried to smile. “Brady.”

Where can readers find more about your stories, books and you on the Internet?

If your readers would like to learn more about me, or my work I can be reached through these links:


Thanks for having me today! 
I really enjoyed having you. My cyber door is always open for you! Before you go, let's do a fast five...

Angels or Demons?

Demons, muah!

Vampires or werewolves?

Vampires, definitely vampires.

Coffee or Chocolate?

Mmm, chocolate.

Early Morning or Late Night?

I’m more of a night person.

E-book or Paperback?  

Paperback.






What an awesome collections of covers!!!!!









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me, Ashlynne. It's been fun. :)

    ReplyDelete