Thursday, April 4, 2013

Guest Author Series ~ Interview with A.R. Von

Paranormal Romance and Beyond is pleased to welcome AR Von! She's a new author of the erotic zombie short called Wunder. Anyone who has had the chance to interact with her, surely loves her. Besides being an author, she is an advocate of indie writers and spends her time selflessly helping us to get the word out about our work. It seems fitting that we are now able to return the favor for her. I'm ecstatic and thrilled to have her here with me today. Take it over AR!



Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born in Manhattan, raised in the Boogie Down Bronx.

What made you want to be an author?
I’ve always loved writing from when I was young; even just jotting down non sense that popped into my head or thoughts of my day (or a boy crush) in my journal. I wrote poems for my mother every chance I had. I don’t recall if they were all that great. I do remember most of them based on the rhythm of “Roses are red…” lol- What brought me to bring Wunder to life was a ‘request’ for writers to submit a zombie story for an anthology on Halloween, it caught my eye and had me thinking. I LOVE scary movies and always had fun watching zombies dragging their feet letting us know they wanted “BRAINS”. I did not want to go that way though. Not everyone enjoys gore like I do. I needed to do something different, that I've never seen, heard of or read. So I wrote Wunder (Originally titled “Because I Am”). I had it sitting around on my desk; just staring at me for some months and finally an author friend of mine (the one and only Leanore Elliot) pushed me, really hard. She told me it was really good and to put it out there and share it with everyone. Now here it is. A start to a series that I had an amazing time writing and am even more excited to continue. 



What do you like best about being a writer? What do you like the least?
The best is I get to allow my imagination run wild/free and share it with others to enjoy instead of keeping it all to myself. What I like the least so far… When I draw a blank and stare and my computer screen at the flicker of the pointer wanting to strangle it (I’m normally not a violent person) he he.

Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer?
I’m a thinker, planner. I would not say I outline per say. But I design my characters right after thinking of the story line. I make notations (on various pieces of paper most times) and from there it just grows and develops.

What influences your writing? And why?
I’d say all of my favorite authors. The reason why, they all ROCK!

Name one thing readers don’t know about you.
I was a cheerleader in elementary school. (GO TEAM!)
* This does not surprise me, considering how loud she cheers for others.  :)

Are love scenes easy/difficult for you to write?
Actually, they are the easiest part. It is a known fact that if you are planning to write, write what you know. I know me some good lovin’ ;)

Do you have another career besides writing? What is it?
I’m a bartender/manager, currently out of work (hubby’s orders) so that I can further develop my writing (I love him so!) I also dabble in sales on the side (who does not love Avon?)
*I'm addicted to Avon! Back up, keep that smell good away from me!!!!!!

What hobbies do you enjoy when not writing?
I exercise, hike, dance, listen to music, read, write reviews (I know it’s still writing, but it relaxes me), paint some crafty things, and dream.

If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why?            
I’d be a shifter. A feline, proud, strong, lethal and graceful. Reason why… It’s so damned hot!

If you had one take away piece of advice for authors, what would it be?
Advice that was given to me and well taken is to ALWAYS listen to your characters. They’ll never steer you wrong.

Do you have any future project that we can look for?
I have another short that’s going to be published in an anthology I wrote specifically for WOCA (Writing Out Child Abuse). It’s nothing at all like Wunder, no paranormal elements or romance. It’s more of a ‘based on real life’ story, it’s very emotional… I’m also working on the next in the Wunder series. I hope to have it out in the next couple of months.


Tell us more about Wunder.
Wunder isn’t your average girl; in fact, she isn’t even an average human. In a world once ravaged by Zombies, she was born amidst the chaos, born a part zombie.
                                                        
Do you have an excerpt for us?
Here’s a tiny one for you:

I’m swaying on my feet, looking into his eyes—at a loss for words. Finally, I find my voice. “Please.”
He takes my mouth with such fervor, my heart pounds harder than after I’ve just run for miles. My legs now feel like over cooked noodles. He holds me tighter while exploring every nook and cranny of my mouth and I answer with the same exploration. He’s making silent promises while grinding his hard length against my body. I bravely slide my hand from around his neck, down between us, past his chest to cup him through his tight jeans.
He groans into my mouth and slowly pulls back to gaze at me questionably, “Wunder?”
My eyes are still at half-mast, drooping as if they would close on their own accord. I gave his jean encased cock a firm squeeze, ‘Yes’ in answer to his question.
He takes my hand, tugging it as he walked toward the back of the club.
I go willingly. Oh—and how I go willingly! 

Now for my fast five:

Angels or Demons? Demons

Vampires or werewolves? Werewolves

Coffee or Chocolate? OMG! Cannot make that choice! Grrr, ok coffee J

Early Morning or Late Night? Early morning

E-book or Paperback? E-book

Where can readers find more about your stories, books and you on the Internet?
You can find more information here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6938994.A_R_Von
And sometimes here: https://twitter.com/AVonGiebel



Wunder is available exclusively at Amazon, but will be available at other book sellers in the future.



AMAZON CA

Check out the new Wunder trailer!!!!!!!










7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for having me Ashlynne! I do so love being here and always have so much fun with you <3

      Delete
  2. Marvellous Interview I wish Ava all the best with Wunder and her future projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie!! That means a lot to me <3

      Delete
  3. Great interview and can't wait to read it A. R. Have a little opening as we speak so great time to dig in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in for a real treat, Susan. I am more of a vamp girl, but I loved it!!!!!! Happy reading.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Susan! I'd love to hear your thoughts when you get to read it :)

      Delete