Saturday, September 21, 2013

Changes

As I sit here listening to my iPod, I've had some time to reflect on the events of the last two weeks. Changes are coming to my Progeny Series. I'll be using this blog medium as a way of keeping you up-to-date on what's new.

I'm currently working on book six of The Progeny Series, finalizing the details for my final project with my publisher, and getting Blood Reborn ready to go to my editor for first cuts. And no you weren't reading wrong. A trilogy set of The Progeny, Blood Bonds, and Blood Promise will be my last project with my publisher. Blood Reborn and beyond will release under my own independent label. The time comes when change is warranted. This was one of those cases. I'll continue to work closely with the old pub to do what's best for the first three books until they revert back to me. At the end of the day, no mater who owns rights to a work, it is still the author's vision. And in my case, my babies.

I'm excited to be calling the shots for my series, but also scared to death. It's more work because I now have to think as both a writer and publisher. But the freedom it affords me more than makes up for the headaches involved. Just yesterday, I was beyond myself with glee as my formatter and I went over graphics for scene markers and headers for Blood Reborn. Lame, right?

What does this mean for The Progeny series and future projects planned?

Within the next couple of months, The Progeny Series will get a complete face lift (new covers, banners, etc). The blog, website and FB pages will most likely change too. The coming books will be more visually appealing inside and take on a different persona outside. All of this change will inevitably mean that Blood Reborn and Yearning's release dates may fall to early 2014. I promise they will be worth the wait. :)

I have a caring and talented team helping me to make the transition from author to author/publisher. So, thank you Leanore, Ava, and Toni for helping me to navigate this new phase in my writing career. You guys rock!

Faleasha, the series' fan artist, is also working on an awesome picture from Yearning. I'm really excited to be working with her again. So look for that in the coming weeks. I hope this post finds each of you happy and healthy.

As always, thank you for the kind emails and support. The series is growing and I know that it's due to the love of my readers.

XOXOXOX

Ashlynne




1 comment: