Friday, February 14, 2014

Guest Author Series ~ Clair Renz

Happy Valentine's Day folks! I'm always excited to find new erotic authors to read. Being one myself, I know how it is to have other authors snub their noses at you because you write without restraints. So, I'm always looking for others like myself to showcase. Today, I'm thrilled to welcome Clair Renz to Paranormal Romance and Beyond. What she writes is a little different, definitely outside of the box, but finding a niche in an oversaturated market is important. Clair has definitely done that with her first release!  Let's get down to this interview, shall we?

Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself.
Hello, thanks for hosting me. I’m from the second smallest state. The tax free Delaware! I’m a mother of three with one on the way. An avid animal lover and advocate for the LGBT community. I’m also a full time college student.

What made you want to be an author?
The idea of giving the world my wicked tales made me take this daunting path. Writing isn’t easy and it takes a lot to realize not everyone is going to like your work. But I still do it because it makes me happy.

What do you like best about being a writer? What do you like the least?
The freedom of letting my imagination go. It’s absolutely liberating. When my characters decide to wake me around 2am in the morning until I get down what they want me to do.

Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer?
I have to outline a bit. The rest of my story comes to me as I go.

What influences your writing? And why?
The seven deadly sins have always been a fascination of mine. Knowing how easy a person can slip into them, I found it something fun to have to write about.

Name one thing readers don’t know about you.
I don’t like chocolate.

Are love scenes easy/difficult for you to write?
I don’t actually write any love scenes in my stories. At best they’re forced consent? I find those to be very simple and quite interesting.

What hobbies do you enjoy when not writing?
I try to read other books. I love reading and when I find the time, that’s when I do. I also enjoy knitting. Especially while it’s cold outside. Scarves, hats, and socks.


What is your writing genre?
Monster erotica with m/m themes. Dark and dirty. No love, no romance. Simply erotic and a bit on the disturbing side.

If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why?
Definitely a demon. A succubus perhaps. Knowing I’d have the power to control a person with my very presence and make them suffer through sexual torment excites me.

If you had one take away piece of advice for aspiring authors, what would it be?
Don’t let the bad reviews and ratings stop you from continuing your dream. Not everyone is going to love what you do. What matters is that you love what you do. There will be those that do enjoy your work.

Do you have any future project that we can look for?
Yes, I do. I will be working on the second book, Gluttony and Greed. Twin demons who give their victim a run for his money.

Tell us more about your latest release.
Alex McGrady is a young man who finds himself in the torture chamber of Wrath, the sin in which he has lived. Only difference? Wrath is a demon who is bent on making sure Alex learns his lesson or else.

 Do you have an excerpt for us?
Warning: This excerpt may be disturbing to some readers

A large, clawed hand trailed down his spine and rested on his rear. “You’ve rested long enough, my pet. Time for another session.” Wrath’s rumbling voice vibrated with dark promise.

Hating himself for it, Alex felt his cock thicken. He was weak. “Look, do you want me to say, I was wrong? What happened to my lover was my fault because I let my anger guide me?” His body trembled from being used and the fact that his punishment wasn’t close to being over.

The demon leaned down so that he could brush a kiss on Alex’s ear. “Your anger is what brought you to this place, but no, that is not what I need to hear.” Heavy leather boots echoed with each step as Wrath took his place behind Alex and slid his way deep into his hot, quivering hole. Access, easy as it was, in an ass well used by this point. “Look up, Alex. Into the mirror before you and we’ll begin your next lesson.”




Where can readers find more about your stories, books, and you on the Internet?
You can also find me on Goodreads under Clair Renz

Buy links for your book(s)


Before you leave, let’s do a fast five:

Angels or Demons? Demons

Vampires or werewolves? Werewolves

Coffee or Chocolate? Coffee. Lots of it.

Early Morning or Late Night? Late night.

E-book or Paperback? Ebook.

Thank you for joining us today. I wish you much success in your writing career and congratulations on the baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment