Saturday, March 1, 2014

An interview with A.R. Von (Sundays with A.R. Von #2)


Today is the second installment of a feature we call Sundays with A. R. Von. Today, we are going to find out a little more about A.R. and what makes her mind tick. Thank you for joining us again today.

Thank you so much for having me on your blog! I quite like it here. I think I might just hang around for a bit and get to know your followers and more about you ;)

We are quite pleased to have you here. J

Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself. 

I was born in New York, NY and raised in the Bronx. I have 2 sons who mean the world to me and an amazing man beast for a husband. I dislike snow (with a passion, even though it is pretty) and adore the beach.

What made you want to be an author?

I’ve always loved writing from when I was young; even just jotting down non sense that popped into my head, thoughts of my day (or a boy crush) in my journal. I also always wrote poems for my mother every chance I had. I don’t recall if they were all that great. I do remember most of them were based on the rhythm of “Roses are red…” lol
I guess you can just chalk it up to the fact I enjoy putting the words from my mind onto pages and sharing them. It’s such an amazing feeling to know readers ACTUALLY enjoyed what came from you. And the feedback…LOVE it. Both the good and the bad. It motivates me to write more and I also learn from each and every person that shares their thoughts with me. It’s a rush. All of it is!


What do you like best about being a writer?  What do you like the least? 

Most liked is the fact I can share some of what goes on in my head. It’s fun in there and I’m so happy others can enjoy it as well. 
Least liked is when my mind draws a blank. It’s not even really a blank per say. More like a hum or murmur that over rides any and all character voices. Sometimes I know its stress. Other times, I’ve no clue what it is. All I know is I don’t like it when it happens. Makes me feel…lonely.

Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer? 

I do a bit of everything. Most of the stories I write are shorts and I don’t get the amount of time I would when writing a longer story to plan it out. I DO always write at least one or two things down before or during the writing process though. Many times my mind jumps ahead of the game. Sort of like “since so and so just did that. He can have this by the end.” Or something of the like. To be honest. I love when that happens!

What influences your writing? And why? 

I don’t have just one thing, but many. Sometimes its people, other times it’s music. There are days it’s people or photos I see that bring for an story in my mind. I’ve also had times that a phrase (spoken or written) inspired an entire story not even close to the topic spoken. But a WOW moment none the less.

Name one thing readers don’t know about you.

I once wanted to attend John Jay College and study forensics. I was always fascinated by crime scenes, ballistics and all that has to do with solving the crime and the criminal mind. Still am!

Are love scenes easy/difficult for you to write? 

They are actually the easiest. I’m not yet sure why, but I’m not going to knock it! J

What hobbies do you enjoy when not writing? 

Walking, exercising, reading, cooking, dancing, listening to music, and a few other tidbits that I alternate among.

What is your writing genre? 

So far paranormal romance/zombie-lit and fantasy romance is my thing. But I’m still feeling things out so you never know J


If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why? 

A dragon shifter! I LOVE dragons. They are such regal, majestic and magical creatures that hold incredible power, strength and beauty. Come on, what’s not to love?

If you had one take away piece of advice for aspiring authors, what would it be?

Go for it! It will seem impossible at points, but you HAVE to give it a shot if it’s something you really want to do, live the dream. Also, NEVER compare yourself to another; find your own voice because it will speak the loudest J

Do you have any future project that we can look for? 

I have quite a few things in the works including a couple of short stories coming out in anthologies during the month of February. They are a bit hush hush. But I can tell you one is more toward the NA/contemporary side while the other is more horror/thriller. If you keep an eye out on my blog and author page you’ll see them as soon as I’m allowed to speak on them ;)

Before you leave, let’s do a fast five:

Angels or Demons? Demons

Vampires or werewolves? Werepires

Coffee or Chocolate? Mocha latte *chuckles* How could you ask me to make such a choice?

Early Morning or Late Night? Early morning

E-book or Paperback? E-book

A.R. was born and raised in Bronx, NY and is the oldest daughter of two girls. She holds an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science and Information Technology, which was only briefly used. She’s a mother of two entertaining teen boys (as well as a lovely fawn Chihuahua, whom she considers her furry daughter.) She’s also a wife to a delightfully handsome and amazingly funny man-beast. She loves anything dragon and fantasy related. In her free time she enjoys exercising, writing, listening to music, hiking, cooking, dancing and reading. She also loves a great adventure in and out of a book!
She writes to free her mind of its constant wondering and clutter. She thrives on the fact she can share some of it with readers that have the same passion for a great story.

She also loves to hear from her reader’s and chat away, so feel free to reach out to her any time.
A.R.’s web site: http://ar-von.com/
Wunder trailer:





Thank's for dropping by today. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me again. I REALLY do love it here :)

    ReplyDelete